This classic pasta recipe comes together quickly, so it's a good weeknight dinner. Just pour in our garlic infused coconut oil with your cooked pasta and veggies and pair it with a green salad and a bottle of wine.
- 2 tablespoon NUCO garlic coconut oil
- 1 lb. Cooked chickpea penne pasta (Banza Pasta)
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh asparagus
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- Bring 6 quarts water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large stockpot. Stir in pasta; partially cover, and return to a boil, stirring frequently. Cook 6 minutes or until pasta is almost al dente, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl.
- While pasta cooks, heat asparagus in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside for later.
- Add pasta to pan and stir in remaining asparagus, parsley, and pepper.
- Best served cold.