The delicious kick of spices in the Honey BBQ Chicken Wrap is a perfect dish to serve at parties and little get-togethers.
- BBQ Chicken
- 2 pounds of chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 eggs, large
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ½ cups corn flakes cereal
- ½ teaspoon of salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- NUCO Original Coconut Wrap
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw or broccoli slaw
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Sliced cabbage
- Honey BBQ Sauce
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- (Optional) Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. In a baking sheet, line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop chicken into small, bite sized pieces. Place chicken pieces in either a mixing bowl or a ziplock. Fill the containers with flour then mix or shake to cover the chicken completely with flour. Set aside
- In a bowl, add in the eggs and milk then stir to combine. Set aside.
- Crush the cornflakes finely.
- In a bowl, add in the crushed cornflakes, salt and pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, then combine by mixing.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the milk and eggs mix, then coat in the cornflake mix.
- Place the coated chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken then bake for another 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
For the sauce:
- In a small saucepan, heat the barbecue sauce, ketchup, and the optional sriracha over medium high heat. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the baked chicken.
- Pour in the sauce in the bowl with the chicken and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Prepare the NUCO Original Coconut Wrap and sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the wrap.
- Place the wrap on a pan and heat for 1-2 minutes for the cheese to melt.
- Add 5-6 pieces of chicken on the wrap.
- Add the coleslaw, alfalfa sprouts, and sliced cabbage onto the wrap.
- Roll the wrap. You may secure the wrap with a toothpick. Serve immediately.