Low Carb | 70 Calories | 4 Net Carbs | Organic Coconut Wraps | NUCO Coconut Wraps | AIP Compliant Coconut Wraps | Paleo | Vegan | Grain Free
These finger food Moroccan Cigars are irresistible to playing with! Seasoned beef with a bit of cinnamon and sautéed with some sweet yellow onions is all you need for this savory roll.
Makes: 8 Cigars, Multiply the recipe as needed
Recipe Created by AIP NutritionIngredients:
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled, diced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt, to season
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 2 AIP compliant coconut wraps, we use these NUCO Organic Coconut Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Extra cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet or frying pan, warm the olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, season with salt, and the cinnamon and ginger, and saute until completely cooked through. Set filling aside.
- Cut each coconut wrap into four equal sized pieces, resulting in 8 cigar wrappers.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling at the edge of each wrapper and roll into cigars. Seal the dumpling with a little bit of water if needed.
- Dab a bit of coconut oil around the cigars. Bake for 8-10 min, rolling half-way through to ensure even doneness. Be sure to watch these carefully as the coconut wrappers toast very quickly. Sprinkle with cinnamon before serving.
For more AIP Compliant Recipes and information about Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) Follow the link!