Roasted Red Pepper Quinoa Kale Taco
Low Carb | 70 Calories | 4 Net Carbs | Organic Coconut Wraps | NUCO Coconut Wraps | Organic Turmeric Coconut Wraps | Paleo | Vegan | Grain Free -
Kale, Quinoa, Hummus OH MY! This recipe was another hit at the Vegan Street Fair - 2018. The not so secret ingredient that made this coconut wrap taco drool with flavor was our massaged Kale with Coconut Balsamic Vinegar and our Liquid Premium Coconut Oil!
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 40 min
- 1 Organic Turmeric Coconut Wrap - cut in fours
- White Grain Quinoa
- Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Kale - Glazed in Coconut Balsamic Vinegar and Garlic Liquid Premium Coconut Oil
- Red Bell Pepper - sliced lengthwise
- In large serving bowl, add the kale, Coconut Balsamic Vinegar, a drizzle of Liquid Premium Coconut Oil and a little kosher salt. Massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside while you make the white grain quinoa - cook as instructed on the packaging.
- Grab your washed red bell pepper and cut off the ends. Place the pepper on a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut off about a 1/2 inch from the stem end and the bottom. Remove the ribs and seeds. Cut two vertical slits through the flesh (but not the seed core) on either side of the bell pepper. Then slice off thin strips lengthwise.
- Take one square of your coconut wrap and spread a thin layer of hummus on top. Then place your cooked quinoa, then your massaged Kale, and lastly your sliced red bell peppers.
- Lightly drizzle with the remaining sauce from the Kale bowl and Voila!
- Serve immediately and enjoy cold!